Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: cg_drawweapons

cg_drawweapons 2 years 1 week ago #408

• Hornyák
writes the cg_drawweapons the console , and your hands are red fx is what to do ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

cg_drawweapons 2 years 1 week ago #409

• {OSG}Brodie
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 188
If your hands are red rx then your viewhands model is missing from the mods .csv or the spelling is wrong or they are named incorrectly.
With Regards To your consul command it's not something I've dabbled in our allow on our sservers so I wouldn't know bud
Last Edit: 2 years 6 days ago by {OSG}Brodie.

cg_drawweapons 2 years 1 week ago #410

• {OSG}Brodie
  • Administrator
Moved to the correct section of the forums

cg_drawweapons 2 years 6 days ago #416

• PainKiller.k4f
  • Premium Member
  • Create Learn Realize
  • Thank you received: 52
Hey Hornyák,

Brodie is right, everytime you see something in Red - that means FX is missing.

You can try it easily if you load in an eFx via script - like fire - at a specific position in map - but forgot to load in the effect in fast file. Then you will see a red FX upcoming at the position where you expect the fire. The FX will come out in the same delay or intervall you set fist in script.

in your case
e.G. mostely when you choose every other team as Marines. To fix that you have to let know CoD which opponent team should be played. as default is OpFor but internally it does not have a clear reference. so you have to be specific on that.

You have different ways to fix that. If you run a mod - you can easily put a script into that to force the map to load in speciic Player Models (like SAS, OpFor,Marines or Spez or your own player models)

If this issue occurs in mapping - then you just have to put into your Main or Base or Start or" however you named it " - script. I mean where you declare all other scripts , or include (#include ....). You also find specifics like "compass range" or "fog and weather setting"
In this script you normaly declare the "allies" and "asxis" settings - who against who.
If this persists further you can also add the models into your Zone File - you create it via Radiant normaly, but you can also fill it into zonefile manually. Please check first if the following entries are into it (their are much more) -
xmodel,viewhands_desert_opfor
xmodel,body_mp_arab_regular_sniper

If you need further help - just let me know.

Cheers,
PainKiller_k4f

cg_drawweapons 2 years 6 days ago #417

• {OSG}Brodie
  • Administrator
the red fx he is talking about Pain refers to a missing xmode which bnormally refers to veiwhands or gunl and in some cases can refer to a missing xanim

for a missing fx normall shows a flat square box with a red border and fx written in the middle
The following user(s) said Thank You: PainKiller.k4f

cg_drawweapons 2 years 6 days ago #418

• PainKiller.k4f
  • Premium Member
  • Create Learn Realize
  • Thank you received: 52
oh yeah Brodie thanks for correction - please excuse my misstake Hornyák

for missing fx it does a grey flat plate with missing FX writen inside.
The red FX was for xanim or missing modle.

but most common is that the information to that reference is missing (in script and/ or in zone file) and therefore you'll see a big red FX . of course you only see something red in front if it belongs the player model.

Sometimes we struggle with such maps as well, but as i mentioned before we manipulate/ correct them via our modscript.

cheers,
Lars
Time to create page: 1.030 seconds