Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: mp_bf4locker

mp_bf4locker 1 year 3 months ago #1121

• Riotranz
  • Thank you received: 18
So this is the map I'm trying to work on.

I'm trying to recreate the TDM version of the Battlefield 4 map Operation Locker in CoD4. I've been working on this map intermittently for 3 weeks and I can only get this far LOL. Well. mostly because it's hard to find out how many units the player is in Battlefield 4 and how many units are used in the certain part, so i have to constantly go to check in Battlefield 4 if the scale is alright and the brushes and models are in the position which they are supposed to be, or which at least seems alright. I don't know how I used 560+ brushes on this unfinished jail room part... Some models (like the stairs and the jail gate) don't existed in CoD4 so I have to draw it with brushes by myself... maybe that's the reason? But screw it anyway LOL.

Technically I think I'll only use default textures and models in this map so It might looks dull, but I'll try to recreate the details like the ornamental models (radiators/bottles/electric boxes/...) and textures (rubbish/blood/broken bricks/...) anyway, or maybe I'll offer the map source to let someone else make this map look more nicely, but I need a huge amount of time to finish this map because I'm not that good at mapping LOL, so everyting is still undecided :)

Edit: FFS I forget to change the section again. Darn it.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Riotranz.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

mp_bf4locker 1 year 3 months ago #1122

• chris
  • Thank you received: 9
Godd idea,

I did zavod for cod4
I have done hundreds of screen shots of the original bf4 map.

screen shots of places that seemed important to recreate the atmosphere of the map.

I did also, for textures, screen capture and work with photoshop.

for models I keep those cod4
except eg for containers, or some case : it's prefab with BF 4 textures

Here : 3 screens of cod4 map Zavod

GOOF LUCK !!!!
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by chris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PainKiller.k4f

mp_bf4locker 1 year 3 months ago #1123

• Riotranz
Well I did try to recreate the atmosphere from BF4 at the beginning.But later I found that there isn't a concrete texture which is completely dark green or black (which should be used on the wall of the jail room) so I can't really make the map in the original mood without adding new texture to the mod tool.

My goal is to make a map that is ok to play on, because I just started mapping , also I'm not good at neither mapping nor Photoshop/Maya so adding new textures and models to the map to make the look nicer is a little bit out of my reach :) But I'll try to make the map look as good as possible anyway, like making the walls of the jail room destructible or something like that. Maybe I'll release the map source after I finish making this map (which is gonna be just a normal map with a lot of brushes LOL) so you guys can edit the texture as you want :)

By the way I know your Zavod map. It's awesome :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: {OSG}Brodie, PainKiller.k4f

mp_bf4locker 1 year 3 months ago #1125

• chris
  • Thank you received: 9
perhaps, it can help u,

locker layout
The following user(s) said Thank You: {OSG}Brodie

mp_bf4locker 1 year 3 months ago #1129

• Riotranz
So this is the current progress. I found the way to make the scale correct, but it's annoying to correct it inside a map that's already half-way done so I remake the map from the very begninning.

Now The layout of the jail room is almost complete.

The most annoying part is the junction of the curved ceilings. I made it into a prefab, or I must select 1296 brushes by myself LOL.

Since I have something else to do these days, the mapping progress might pause for some time. I'll post the progress if I start making this map again.
Time to create page: 1.083 seconds